Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lookup number above value in a list

I need two formulas to lookup the numbers above and below a certain value in
a list. I know how to get the one below, but can't figure out the higher
number.

Example:
1 97745
2 98913
3 100067
4 101248
5 102416
6
7 =VLOOKUP(A8,A1:A5,1)
8 100000
9 =???

A7 results in 98913
A9 results in 100067

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try:

=INDEX(A1:A5,MATCH(A8,A1:A5,1)+1)

HOWVER, you need to cater for situation (if it can exist) that your number
is than last in list OR < first in list.

HTH