Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Charles

Default Using Lookup on an expanding list

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me...

I've got a lookup on a central list of names and codes. However, this list
is ever expanding and I keep having to change the lookup references to add in
the new range. Is there an easier way to make lookup look at the whole list
without changing the range every time?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Could you apply names to the table-array in the lookup function? Then
you could just increase the named range and not have to update any of
the lookups...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Charles

Hi Christine,

Thanks for the response.

Wouldn't I have to still increase the named range? I'd have to specify the
range of the named range and if that included blanks, would it confuse the
lookup (which seems to be easily confused *grin*).

Cheers!