Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why 5 becomes 0.05 and so on..

I am defeated. Don't know what happened. Every number I key in become
'divide by 100' ie 5 becomes 0.05, 300 becomes 3, 6000 becomes 60.....

Plse help.

Email Signature Powered by NameCardOnline.com -- Exchange | View | vCard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel has a feature to allow lazy people to enter numbers without the
decimal and have Excel insert it. To switch this off: Tools | Options; open
Edit tab; deselect the Fixed Decimal box.
beat wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"CENTROL BUSINESS" wrote in message
I am defeated. Don't know what happened. Every number I key in become
'divide by 100' ie 5 becomes 0.05, 300 becomes 3, 6000 becomes 60.....

Plse help.

Email Signature Powered by NameCardOnline.com -- Exchange | View | vCard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What number formatting are you using?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"CENTROL BUSINESS" wrote:

I am defeated. Don't know what happened. Every number I key in become
'divide by 100' ie 5 becomes 0.05, 300 becomes 3, 6000 becomes 60.....

Plse help.

Email Signature Powered by NameCardOnline.com -- Exchange | View | vCard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"CENTROL BUSINESS" wrote:

I am defeated. Don't know what happened. Every number I key in become
'divide by 100' ie 5 becomes 0.05, 300 becomes 3, 6000 becomes 60.....

Plse help.

I set up a new spreadsheet Friday and wanted 5 decimal points and changed
the setting at Tools, Options and forgot about it. Today I had the same
problem Centrol has. It wasn't until I came here and found this that I
remembered what I had done to cause me to have the same problems. Thanks for
this group! Jerry

Email Signature Powered by NameCardOnline.com -- Exchange | View | vCard

Ttest Anita Excel Worksheet Functions 8 May 9th 06 01:42 PM
Conditional coloring of Excel cells, based on adjacent cell values? Greg Stuart Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 10th 06 10:14 PM
Trying to Change Axes lost in charts Charts and Charting in Excel 6 November 16th 05 10:13 PM