-   -   Why 5 becomes 0.05 and so on.. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/106866-why-5-becomes-0-05-so.html)

CENTROL BUSINESS

Why 5 becomes 0.05 and so on..

I am defeated. Don't know what happened. Every number I key in become
'divide by 100' ie 5 becomes 0.05, 300 becomes 3, 6000 becomes 60.....

Plse help.

Email Signature Powered by NameCardOnline.com -- Exchange | View | vCard

Bob Phillips

Why 5 becomes 0.05 and so on..

ToolsOptionsEdit and uncheck the fixed decimal box

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"CENTROL BUSINESS" wrote in message
I am defeated. Don't know what happened. Every number I key in become
'divide by 100' ie 5 becomes 0.05, 300 becomes 3, 6000 becomes 60.....

Plse help.

Email Signature Powered by NameCardOnline.com -- Exchange | View | vCard

Bernard Liengme

Why 5 becomes 0.05 and so on..

Excel has a feature to allow lazy people to enter numbers without the
decimal and have Excel insert it. To switch this off: Tools | Options; open
Edit tab; deselect the Fixed Decimal box.
beat wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"CENTROL BUSINESS" wrote in message
I am defeated. Don't know what happened. Every number I key in become
'divide by 100' ie 5 becomes 0.05, 300 becomes 3, 6000 becomes 60.....

Plse help.

Email Signature Powered by NameCardOnline.com -- Exchange | View | vCard

Dave F

Why 5 becomes 0.05 and so on..

What number formatting are you using?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"CENTROL BUSINESS" wrote:

I am defeated. Don't know what happened. Every number I key in become
'divide by 100' ie 5 becomes 0.05, 300 becomes 3, 6000 becomes 60.....

Plse help.

Email Signature Powered by NameCardOnline.com -- Exchange | View | vCard

Scafidel

Why 5 becomes 0.05 and so on..

"CENTROL BUSINESS" wrote:

I am defeated. Don't know what happened. Every number I key in become
'divide by 100' ie 5 becomes 0.05, 300 becomes 3, 6000 becomes 60.....

Plse help.

I set up a new spreadsheet Friday and wanted 5 decimal points and changed
the setting at Tools, Options and forgot about it. Today I had the same
problem Centrol has. It wasn't until I came here and found this that I
remembered what I had done to cause me to have the same problems. Thanks for
this group! Jerry

Email Signature Powered by NameCardOnline.com -- Exchange | View | vCard

Dave Peterson

Why 5 becomes 0.05 and so on..

Tools|Options|Edit tab|uncheck Fixed decimal