Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default MS excell

i made some changes in my M.S Excell file and saved, but after two days i
reallised that i dont want that changes how will get my old file which the
changes not done?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're at work ask IT for a backup

Failing this you can create a time machine. (If you manage this, let me know)

HTH

Unfortunately the answer to this is not in the hands of the Excel Gods my
friend.

"Binoy" wrote:

i made some changes in my M.S Excell file and saved, but after two days i
reallised that i dont want that changes how will get my old file which the
changes not done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When a file is deleted or overwritten it may still be in the 'Recycle bin'.
You could use the search facility in Windows Explorer to look for the file
either by the name of the file or word or phrase in the file. This will
show whether the file is available anywhere on the hard disk.

However, it may be still available. This is because it is only a reference
to the position of the file on the hard disk that is deleted not the data
itself. At this point the chances of recovery decrease dramatically. As
you use the computer there is a chance that some or all of your file will be
overwritten. You may like to use something like Restoration, available free
from -

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html.

It is strongly advised to download and install this on another hard disk (if
available) to decrease the possibility of overwriting your file.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Binoy" wrote in message
i made some changes in my M.S Excell file and saved, but after two days i
reallised that i dont want that changes how will get my old file which
the
changes not done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may want to think about investing in a program like:

http://www.undelete.com
It runs about $30 (USA) for the home user.
http://www.diskeeper.com/diskeeper/h...rnfj3kn4lo5nvd

(I just started using it and I can see how useful it can/will be.)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave

I'm sure this program will recover a deleted file but will it recover an
"overwritten" file?

It has always been my understanding that when you save, the save actually
overwrites the original file space at the time.

In any case, if OP has used the computer much in the past two days, the original
space is surely written over by now.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Binoy wrote:

i made some changes in my M.S Excell file and saved, but after two days i
reallised that i dont want that changes how will get my old file which the
changes not done?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yep.

It actually replaces the recycle bin with what it calls the recovery bin. And
(according to the user's settings) will save any file deleted in any manner.

And you can even tell it to save multiple versions (based on file extension) so
that you could recover book1.xls after the last x number of deletions.

The file was created by the Diskeeper people.

Look for a private email, too.

Binoy wrote:

i made some changes in my M.S Excell file and saved, but after two days i
reallised that i dont want that changes how will get my old file which the
changes not done?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Consider backups with File Save As Tools General Options Always
create backups. This gives you one shot at a previous book, but it leaves a
bit of a mess around. I would like to see an special folder for all backups.