Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default if cell value is 0 than another cell value should be zero

I am trying to enter formula in which one column is with project closing
date and if there is a date entered in such cell tha I like to calculate the
value to zero and if such cell is blank than i like to enter actual expenses
from actual expense cell please help how and what formula should i use? you
can reply me at , Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=if(isblank([datecolumn]),[actual expenses],0)
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"EXCEL USER" wrote:

I am trying to enter formula in which one column is with project closing
date and if there is a date entered in such cell tha I like to calculate the
value to zero and if such cell is blank than i like to enter actual expenses
from actual expense cell please help how and what formula should i use? you
can reply me at , Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi, Dave:

I used same as you instructed but some how it is not putting out the true
result, Here is what I have entered .=IF(AX12=" ",BA12,0) and now in cell
AX if There is any value or not it just keep giving me only zero. what I
want is zero only the time if there is a date in cell "AX12"

"EXCEL USER" wrote:

I am trying to enter formula in which one column is with project closing
date and if there is a date entered in such cell tha I like to calculate the
value to zero and if such cell is blank than i like to enter actual expenses
from actual expense cell please help how and what formula should i use? you
can reply me at , Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, the way you have the formula written you have a space between the two
quotation marks, so that doesn't test for an empty cell but rather a cell
with a space typed in it (there is a difference between a cell with nothing
in it and a cell with a space in it.)

Try =IF(NOT(ISBLANK(AX12)),"",0) (IF AX12 is not blank, THEN return 0, ELSE
return nothing.)

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.