Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dan dan is offline

Default if cell value is 0 than another cell value should be zero

Try this =IF(AX12="",BA12,0) instead of =IF(AX12=" ",BA12,0)

"EXCEL USER" wrote in message
Hi, Dave:

I used same as you instructed but some how it is not putting out the true
result, Here is what I have entered .=IF(AX12=" ",BA12,0) and now in
cell
AX if There is any value or not it just keep giving me only zero. what I
want is zero only the time if there is a date in cell "AX12"

"Dave F" wrote:

=if(isblank([datecolumn]),[actual expenses],0)
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"EXCEL USER" wrote:

I am trying to enter formula in which one column is with project
closing
date and if there is a date entered in such cell tha I like to
calculate the
value to zero and if such cell is blank than i like to enter actual
expenses
from actual expense cell please help how and what formula should i
use? you
can reply me at , Thanks,