Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default personal macro workbook just stopped loading

I don't know what I did...

Excel 2002

The workbook's still there. It still seems to be in the default location
(c:\documents and settings\~my user name~\application
data\microsoft\excel\XLSTART)

When I go to tools -- options -- general, the box for 'at startup, open
all files in' is blank.

So I navigate to the folder with personal.xls in it, and paste that address
into the box, hit ok, reopen the window, and it's gone.

I can TYPE the address into that box, but it still doesn't cause the macro
workbook to load upon reopening.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

GoBobbyGo Wrote:
I don't know what I did...

Excel 2002

The workbook's still there. It still seems to be in the default
location
(c:\documents and settings\~my user name~\application
data\microsoft\excel\XLSTART)

When I go to tools -- options -- general, the box for 'at startup,
open
all files in' is blank.

So I navigate to the folder with personal.xls in it, and paste that
address
into the box, hit ok, reopen the window, and it's gone.

I can TYPE the address into that box, but it still doesn't cause the
macro
workbook to load upon reopening.Hi GoBobbyGo,

I have xl2000 so it may be different but "tools -- options --
general" dosen't show the pesonal.xls.
That is for the default directory you are working with, and an
alternate. The personal.xls would be shown in "Window<Unhide" assuming
its hidden like it should be.

--
Desert Piranha

Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573645

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, but it's not that. The personal workbook is not hidden, it's just
not open. And, yes, in XL 2002, there's a box on tools -- options --
general for 'at startup, open all files in'.

"Desert Piranha" wrote:

GoBobbyGo Wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

xl2002+ has the abililty to quarantine what it thinks are bad workbooks.

They can keep track of them so that it doesn't even try to open them.

If you look under Help|About MS Excel, you'll see a button called: "Disabled
Items...".

Check under there to see if it's marked not to open. You can enable it there,
too.

If the workbook is really bad, you may want to delete that copy and put a copy
of your backup version into your XLStart folder.

(If you don't have a backup, take the time now and create one.)

GoBobbyGo wrote:

I don't know what I did...

Excel 2002

The workbook's still there. It still seems to be in the default location
(c:\documents and settings\~my user name~\application
data\microsoft\excel\XLSTART)

When I go to tools -- options -- general, the box for 'at startup, open
all files in' is blank.

So I navigate to the folder with personal.xls in it, and paste that address
into the box, hit ok, reopen the window, and it's gone.

I can TYPE the address into that box, but it still doesn't cause the macro
workbook to load upon reopening.

--

Dave Peterson