Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Ticker Boxes

I've got a mortgage lender database system in excel and i have a field
in which to input the amount of monthly payments made so far by a
client. I want to have a ticker box with that field, but the only way
in which i can link them to cells is to go one by one through each
record going through 'LinkedCell' which is seriously long when i have
over 150 records. I also want to be able to make a macro (or something
like that) which will create a new ticker box linked to the cell
everytime i insert a new record somewhere? any time- saving
suggestions? Thanx a lot for your time!

--
hustla7
hustla7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37760

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What's are ticker boxes? All I'm getting out of your info is
that you have a column with (example) say cell D3 the header (NumMonthsPaid)
and range D4:D154 which contains numbers
like 24, 36, 35, 60.. so from here what do you want to do?

"hustla7" wrote:

I've got a mortgage lender database system in excel and i have a field
in which to input the amount of monthly payments made so far by a
client. I want to have a ticker box with that field, but the only way
in which i can link them to cells is to go one by one through each
record going through 'LinkedCell' which is seriously long when i have
over 150 records. I also want to be able to make a macro (or something
like that) which will create a new ticker box linked to the cell
everytime i insert a new record somewhere? any time- saving
suggestions? Thanx a lot for your time!

--
hustla7
hustla7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37760
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573411

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Basically, i want to be able to put the cell values up and down as
normal using the tickers...the problem i am encountering is that if i
was to add tickerboxes to all of the cells individually, i would need
to individually link each ticker box to the cell it is controlling...is
there any way of automatically linking cells to the cell they are
in...maybe using autofill?

--
hustla7
hustla7's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37760
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573411

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Back up your File Before trying this..

I can only think you are asking about the use of a spinner control.
And it can't do what you want -- as you already determined, but
here's another *alternative* go at it:

Let's say your NumberOfPays #'s are in Column M

Paste into a standard module the two below macros:

Sub IncreaseValueByOne()
If Not Intersect(ActiveCell, Columns("M:M")) Is Nothing Then
ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Value + 1

Sub DecreaseValueByOne()
If Not Intersect(ActiveCell, Columns("M:M")) Is Nothing Then
ActiveCell.Value = ActiveCell.Value - 1

Add a Command-Button - with Caption "Increase" and assign it to Macro
IncreaseValueByOne()

Add a Command-Button - with Caption "Decrease" and assign it to Macro
DecreaseValueByOne()

Hummmm,

Use Forms