Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Printing entire workbook outputs several files

I have a Excel file with many worksheets, when I try to print it out as
'entire workbook" it sends to the printer several files, how can it be done
to send only one?
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a Excel file with many worksheets, when I try to print it out
as 'entire workbook" it sends to the printer several files, how can it
be done to send only one?
Thank you.

I’ve done it this way. It’s not elegant, admittedly.

Print the workbook to the “Microsoft Office Document Image Writer.” This
opens a “Microsoft Office Document Imaging” window for each worksheet.

Next, combine the worksheets into a single document. To do this, notice
that each of the “Imaging” windows has a left pane with thumbnails of the
page(s). Using right-click, “Copy” one or more thumbnails from the left
pane of one window and “Paste” it into the left pane of another. Repeating
this, the entire document can be merged into a single window. Finally,
print from that window.

Hope this helps.

If you do this sort of thing a lot, you might want to look into
http://fineprint.com/products/fineprint/index.html
for an add-on program that (among many other features) can combine several
print jobs into one, with fewer steps than using Image Writer.