Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VBA Controls "Morphing"

Hi,
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this problem, but I'll do my
best to describe it. Ever since I received my new notebook at work (HP
Compaq NW8240) widescreen, my VBA controls that I place on my spreadsheet
apps tend to change when used or edited. These are the default controls
offered by the Excel toolbox. Command buttons, for example, may shrink in
size with successive clicks, the command button caption text will grow in
size with successive clicks until it's unreadable. When I go into design
mode, drag and resize the control, it usually goes back to it's original font
size, but won't necessarily stay that way when in use. My operating system
is XP Pro, My Excel version is 2003 with service pack 2. My video driver is
ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5000. I work for a big company that keeps our systems
up to date regularly. I haven't been able to predict the problem. It's
persistent but it seems there are periods in which there's no problem. Good
luck!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi RLang,

my VBA controls that I place on my spreadsheet
apps tend to change when used or edited.

This often happens when your zoom level is at anything else than 100 %.

Also, this KB article may apply:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838006/en-us

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jan,
I'm frankly surprised to get an answer on this one let alone a solution.
Your referral solved my problem. Thanks a million. This has been a pain in
my .... neck for too long.

Reney

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote:

Hi RLang,

my VBA controls that I place on my spreadsheet
apps tend to change when used or edited.

This often happens when your zoom level is at anything else than 100 %.

Also, this KB article may apply:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838006/en-us

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi RLang,

Your referral solved my problem. Thanks a million.

Great! Thanks for letting us know.