Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I'm in a strange situation. Need your help/advice!

Hi,

I am encountering a strange situation with my Excel 2000. I have a
public function, in a module in the VBA project associated with my
workbook. But I'm not calling it from nowhere inside the code, or from
other macros - it is not being referred anywhere in the workbook. Yet,
after I make a slight change in code and not save my changes, when I
return to the workbook and select a value from any cell with a
validation-list (regardless of the sheet where it resides), that
particular function is being executed!! How can that be possible? If
someone can help me with suggestions/ideas, please don't let me stop
you.

Thanks.

--
CiprianPopaSK
CiprianPopaSK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36984

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is it being used in data validation, conditional formatting or a name?

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"CiprianPopaSK"
wrote in message
news:CiprianPopaSK.2bv7b3_1154441706.0593@excelfor um-nospam.com...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok, here's what I've come up to lately. I've shrinked the function body
to this:

Public Function SetUpSheet()

MsgBox "Unbelievable"
End Function

I've removed EVERY other instruction from the body. Now, on one of the
sheets, I have a cell to which I've associated a validation-list, also
made as simple as possible (I've only filled the Settings tab in the
Data Validation window).
If I go back to VBA IDE, type some chars without saving changes (but in
such way that the code would be compilable), an then go to that cell and
select an item from that validation list, a message box pops out :
"Unbelievable".

...help???

--
CiprianPopaSK
CiprianPopaSK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36984
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=567045

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm sorry, I've just realised this now. This happens not only when I
select something from validation lists, but also when any value from a
cell changes.
I've checked the sheets for a Worksheet_Change event, also the
Workbook, and removed them all. Still no result.