Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can multiple spreadsheets be linked to change simultaneously?

I work for a financial services firm and we create template spreadsheets
for many different markets. Many times we need to make a formatting
change, add a new column, or change a formula. When we do it in one we
want to have the same change automatically carried over to all of the
workbooks. Each sheet has the exact same format (same formulas, # and
placement of columns/rows, and same data types in each column row), but
it is very time consuming to alter each sheet separately. Any advice?

--
botha822
botha822's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36752

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To clarify, it would be like a dynamic template, where once changes were
saved to the template, the rest of the spreadsheets would update.

--
botha822
botha822's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36752
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564692

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel is more of a Pull system. You can use formulas to pull information from
one location to another.

It's not a very good "Push" system where changing one cell would push that same
change to lots (or even one) other location.

My suggestion would be to put the data in one location and then use other
techniques to get the various workbooks/worksheets you need.

botha822 wrote:

I work for a financial services firm and we create template spreadsheets
for many different markets. Many times we need to make a formatting
change, add a new column, or change a formula. When we do it in one we
want to have the same change automatically carried over to all of the
workbooks. Each sheet has the exact same format (same formulas, # and
placement of columns/rows, and same data types in each column row), but
it is very time consuming to alter each sheet separately. Any advice?

--
botha822
botha822's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36752
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564692