Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Add more information in Sub Totals

I have a particularly large spreadsheet where I have lots of values
associated with property addresses and specific numerical references
associated with the properties. I have used Sub Totals to calculate the total
property values per location (building value, rental income, service charge
etc) where the sub-total includes the property reference number alongside
the sum of the values. What I want to do is not only show the property
reference number but also the property description which is a text entry.

From what I can see its only possible in Sub Total to use one column with
text, for example, say in column A I have the Property Reference 12345J and
in column B I have the location that corresponds to the property reference
number 12345J and then separate columns under C showing the Building Value,
Column D showing the Rental Value and Column E showing other income. With sub
total I can say sub total property references and sum the total of columns C,
D and E. The problem here is that when you print the listing it shows the sub
totals against just the property reference and I'd like to also show the
property location. The only way I've found of doing this is to copy and paste
the data into the sub-total line which given the size of the spreadsheet will
take ages.

Is there a solution?
--
David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Can you create an intermediate column which joins the two together, eg
insert after B, and use a formula like =A1&"/"&B1 (which will give a
result like "Ref/Address")

Then use Column C as your subtotal group (and hide cols A and B).

Regards
Mike

--
Mikeopolo