Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jets

Default How does one sort a block of inter-related information in Excel?

I have a large data sheet which has information on sets of activities and
customer responses to that. An equivalent example would be that customers are
asked about their satisfaction with a series of activities. So when
travelling customers could be asked whether they were satisfied with
transportation arrangements, food, sites visited, etc. For each of these
activities, they are asked whether they were satisfied with the bus, time
schedules, air-conditioning, etc. This data is available for different time
periods. I have to be able to seperate information for each of these
activities and the responses to questions asked about each activity should be
contiguous. So I have to sort by each activity so that all inter-related
information.

Currently information is available like this

Transportation (time period 1)

Q1

Q2

Q3

Food (Time period 1)

Q1

Q2

Q3

Transporation (time period 2)

Q1

Q2

Q3

Food (time period 2)

Q1

Q2

Q3

I want this information as follows

Transporation (Time period 1)

Q1

Q2

Q3

Transportation (time period 2)

Q1

Q2

Q3

Food (time period 1)

Q1

Q2

Q3

Food (time period 2)

Q1

Q2

Q3
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FSt1

hi,
on non-traditional sorts like this, the best way is to add a helper column
and assign each catigory a number.
transportation period 1 = 1
food period 1 = 2
transportation period 2 = 3
food periond2 = 4
then use the helper column as the first sort

regards
FSt1