Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Complex sum

Hi

I am trying to do a do a series of sums hopefully using a nice little
macro. The data I have looks a bit like this:

Cad POS Road Marine
1 45.5 76
2 56 65 44
3 73 76
3 34 55
4 56 2 5
5 6556 2 32
6 33 487 54
8 78 48 42
8 546 4484 35
8 546 4848 555
10 563 65

What I want to do is basically sum up the values for each Cad number
e.g. Cad 3 would have POS = 73 + 34 and Road = 76 + 55 and Cad 6 would
have POS = 653 + 33 and Road = 478 + 487 and Marine = 54. Then spit the
values out in four new columns with a unique Cad number in the first
column, POS value, Road value, Marine value.

As I have a fair number of these records I really don't want to do any
manual summing. I'm sure it doesn't seem particularly complicated for
someone who is in the know.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers,
Greshter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi,

try DATA | Subtotals | and choose to sum POS, Road and Marine always the cad
change

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Greshter" escreveu:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Marcelo

That's just the ticket! You've just shown me a whole new Excel world.

Cheers from New Zealand,
Greshter