troy

Default Importing XML containing Complex Elements

I am attempting to manipulate XML with Excel and am having a problem. The
XML contains a complex element (an element with subelements). When the
import executes, Excel treats the element as a single list, not a series of
lists. And when I try to export it back out I receive the following
messages: Map is not exportable because it contains the following:
Denormalized data; A mapped element's relationship with other elements cannot
be preserved.

The XML file has an underlying XSD defining the complex element.

Sample XML with complex elements:
<Parents
<Parent
<Name</Name
<DOB</DOB
<Children
<Child
<Name</Name
<DOB</DOB
</Child
</Children
</Parent
</Parents

Can someone point me to some doco on how to handle complex xml elements?