Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marcelo Marcelo is offline

Default Complex sum

hi,

try DATA | Subtotals | and choose to sum POS, Road and Marine always the cad
change

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Greshter" escreveu:

Hi

I am trying to do a do a series of sums hopefully using a nice little
macro. The data I have looks a bit like this:

Cad POS Road Marine
1 45.5 76
2 56 65 44
3 73 76
3 34 55
4 56 2 5
5 6556 2 32
6 33 487 54
8 78 48 42
8 546 4484 35
8 546 4848 555
10 563 65

What I want to do is basically sum up the values for each Cad number
e.g. Cad 3 would have POS = 73 + 34 and Road = 76 + 55 and Cad 6 would
have POS = 653 + 33 and Road = 478 + 487 and Marine = 54. Then spit the
values out in four new columns with a unique Cad number in the first
column, POS value, Road value, Marine value.

As I have a fair number of these records I really don't want to do any
manual summing. I'm sure it doesn't seem particularly complicated for
someone who is in the know.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers,
Greshter