Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to DISPLAY all data values in Pivot Table...not count, sum, etc

I have a list APPLICATIONS used by our different DEPARTMENTS by REGION

eg
DEPARTMENT REGION APPLICATION
Accounting Europe MS Word
Accounting Asia Word Perfect
Marketing NorthAm Word Perfect

What I'd like to do is create a table that shows DEPARTMENTS in Rows
and REGIONS as columns. Then in the data area i just want to display
all the APPLICATIONS (ie no sum, count, avg....just list all the
systems that match the Department/Region combination

Any Ideas? Are there any addins that could help?

eg
NORTH AMERICA EUROPE ASIA
<etc...
Accounting | MS word MS word word perfect
| outlook ccmail
outlook
Marketing | Word Perfect Word Perfect Word
Perfect

Development | Excel Lotus Lotus
| Outlook Outlook
ccmail

<etc.. |

--
spot1234
spot1234's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36632

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to DISPLAY all data values in Pivot Table...not count, sum, et

Don't know a way to do that directly, but here's a workaround (should be
fairly easy to put in a macro):

1. Assign a number for each different application. Make a cross-reference
table with this information somewhere.

2. Replace each application name with its number in your source data. Format
the cell as a number, not text.

3. Create the pivot table, summing the Application field. Nothing actually
gets added together, because each combination of
Department/Region/Application is unique.

4. Copy the pivot table & paste special in place as values.

5. Replace the numbers in the data area with the corresponding application
name.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"spot1234" wrote:

I have a list APPLICATIONS used by our different DEPARTMENTS by REGION

eg
DEPARTMENT REGION APPLICATION
Accounting Europe MS Word
Accounting Asia Word Perfect
Marketing NorthAm Word Perfect

What I'd like to do is create a table that shows DEPARTMENTS in Rows
and REGIONS as columns. Then in the data area i just want to display
all the APPLICATIONS (ie no sum, count, avg....just list all the
systems that match the Department/Region combination

Any Ideas? Are there any addins that could help?

eg
NORTH AMERICA EUROPE ASIA
<etc...
Accounting | MS word MS word word perfect
| outlook ccmail
outlook
Marketing | Word Perfect Word Perfect Word
Perfect

Development | Excel Lotus Lotus
| Outlook Outlook
ccmail

<etc.. |

--
spot1234
spot1234's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36632
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=563817

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This macro seems to work ok for me:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()

Dim curWks As Worksheet
Dim newWks As Worksheet
Dim myRng As Range
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim LastCol As Long
Dim iCol As Long
Dim myInputRng As Range
Dim myCell As Range

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

Set curWks = Worksheets("sheet1")
Set newWks = Worksheets.Add

With curWks
LastCol = .Cells(1, .Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column
Set myInputRng = .Range("a1", .Cells(LastRow, LastCol))
Application.StatusBar = "determining Region headers"
With myInputRng.Columns(2)
.AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _
CopyToRange:=newWks.Range("A1"), Unique:=True
End With
End With

With newWks
With .Range("a:a")
.Cells.Sort Key1:=.Columns(1), Order1:=xlAscending, _
Header:=xlYes
End With
Set myRng = .Range("a2", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp))
If myRng.Rows.Count 250 Then
MsgBox "too many Training classes to fit on the worksheet!"
GoTo ExitNow:
End If
myRng.Copy
.Range("b1").PasteSpecial Transpose:=True
.Range("a:a").ClearContents
End With

With curWks
Application.StatusBar = "Copying departments"
With .Range("a:a")
.AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterCopy, _
CopyToRange:=newWks.Range("a1"), Unique:=True
.Cells.Sort Key1:=.Columns(1), Order1:=xlAscending, _
Header:=xlYes
End With
End With

With newWks
LastCol = .Cells(1, .Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column

Set myRng = .Range("B2", .Cells(2, LastCol))

Application.StatusBar = "Populating lots of formulas"
For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
With myCell
.FormulaArray _
= "=INDEX(" & myInputRng.Columns(3).Address _
(external:=True, ReferenceStyle:=xlR1C1) & "," _
& "match(1,(" & myInputRng.Columns(1).Address _
(external:=True, ReferenceStyle:=xlR1C1) _
& "=rc1)*(" _
& myInputRng.Columns(2).Address _
(external:=True, ReferenceStyle:=xlR1C1) _
& "=r1c),0))"
End With
Next myCell

Application.StatusBar = "Filling the formulas down"
myRng.AutoFill _
Destination:=myRng.Resize(LastRow - 1)

Application.StatusBar = "Cleaning up"
With myRng.Resize(LastRow - 1)
.Value = .Value
.Replace what:="#n/a", replacement:="", lookat:=xlWhole, _
MatchCase:=False
End With

Application.Goto .Range("a1"), scroll:=True
.Range("b2").Select
ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True

With .UsedRange
.Columns.AutoFit
End With
End With

ExitNow:
With Application
.ScreenUpdating = True
.StatusBar = False
End With

spot1234 wrote:

I have a list APPLICATIONS used by our different DEPARTMENTS by REGION

eg
DEPARTMENT REGION APPLICATION
Accounting Europe MS Word
Accounting Asia Word Perfect
Marketing NorthAm Word Perfect

What I'd like to do is create a table that shows DEPARTMENTS in Rows
and REGIONS as columns. Then in the data area i just want to display
all the APPLICATIONS (ie no sum, count, avg....just list all the
systems that match the Department/Region combination

Any Ideas? Are there any addins that could help?

eg
NORTH AMERICA EUROPE ASIA
<etc...
Accounting | MS word MS word word perfect
| outlook ccmail
outlook
Marketing | Word Perfect Word Perfect Word
Perfect

Development | Excel Lotus Lotus
| Outlook Outlook
ccmail