Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Excel-erate2004

Default Data Restructuring: Using Pivot Table w\o the SUM, COUNT etc. Function?

Hello to all,

I'm just wondering if someone could help me with this issue.

I have the following:

MemberID Call code Area code

I want to Transpose the above table to look like the following:

Area Code
MemberID 709 645
1 A B
2 C C
3 D A

I've tried using a pivot table but I cannot get around the issue
whereby when I drag over the Call code column into the Data space it
automatically wants to carry out a Function on my text data (call code
column).

What I hope to do is use the pivot table technique to just click & drag
my text data over as is, without having the pivot table try and
calculate some function.

Is this possible within Excel? Or should I be using another procedure
within Excel to accomplish this?

Thanks very much for any help I can get!

--
Excel-erate2004
Excel-erate2004's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6897