Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Hutchins Tom Hutchins is offline

Default How to DISPLAY all data values in Pivot Table...not count, sum, et

Don't know a way to do that directly, but here's a workaround (should be
fairly easy to put in a macro):

1. Assign a number for each different application. Make a cross-reference
table with this information somewhere.

2. Replace each application name with its number in your source data. Format
the cell as a number, not text.

3. Create the pivot table, summing the Application field. Nothing actually
gets added together, because each combination of
Department/Region/Application is unique.

4. Copy the pivot table & paste special in place as values.

5. Replace the numbers in the data area with the corresponding application
name.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"spot1234" wrote:

I have a list APPLICATIONS used by our different DEPARTMENTS by REGION

eg
DEPARTMENT REGION APPLICATION
Accounting Europe MS Word
Accounting Asia Word Perfect
Marketing NorthAm Word Perfect

What I'd like to do is create a table that shows DEPARTMENTS in Rows
and REGIONS as columns. Then in the data area i just want to display
all the APPLICATIONS (ie no sum, count, avg....just list all the
systems that match the Department/Region combination

Any Ideas? Are there any addins that could help?

eg
NORTH AMERICA EUROPE ASIA
<etc...
Accounting | MS word MS word word perfect
| outlook ccmail
outlook
Marketing | Word Perfect Word Perfect Word
Perfect

Development | Excel Lotus Lotus
| Outlook Outlook
ccmail