Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insert rows everyother row

I want to insert a new row everyother row. How can I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this example Mathew

Sub test()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim R As Long
Dim rng As Range
Set rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange
For R = rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1
rng.Rows(R + 1).Resize(1).EntireRow.insert
Next R
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Mathewnelson" wrote in message ...
I want to insert a new row everyother row. How can I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

say what ? :-)

I want to insert a new row everyother row. How can I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you really need the inserted rows?

If just for appearance, select the rows and double the height.

If really need the rows, see Ron's posting.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:12:01 -0700, Mathewnelson
wrote:

I want to insert a new row everyother row. How can I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK, let's say you have 5 rows in a block.

Insert a column on the left, and create a series 1,3,5,7 and 9. Then in
the cells below that, create a series 2,4,6 and 8 (insert blank rows
first if you have to).

Then select the whole matrix and sort on the new column. The blank rows
will end up between your original rows.

Regards
Mike

--