Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting text which is result of formula

when we join two cells or more with & or =concatenate function, how can
this be done that result should be formatted in a way that each cells'
text is individually formatted.
e.g if in cell C1 I join cell A1 and B1 containing First name and Last
name respectively by using =A1&B1, cell C1 should show result in a way
that First name should be of black color and last name of another color
(or any other formatting i-e bold, color, font size etc).

--
starguy
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32434

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This can be achieved by via a macro that selects the appropriate text
in the concatinated cell and changes the font colour using
format/cells/font

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cannot be done.

Workaround is to paste specialvalue then manually edit the cell contents.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP