Wilma

Default center text in a formula result

I have the following formula =IF(C10="std","STD",ROUNDUP(I10,-1)). If the
first cell is text C10 = "STD", then I want to center that in "I10";
otherwise if C10 is a number the formula continues and gives me a number
calculation. Is there a way to center the text answer in the cell without
manually doing it? If the answer is a number, then I do not want it
centered. These are dollar calculations and the cell is already formatted
for dollars.
Jason Morin

You could experiment with custom formatting. Select the cell, press Ctrl+1,
Number tab, and click on "Custom". Now use:

$#,##0.00;($#,##0.00);" "@

Adjust the number of spaces before the @ if needed.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

"Wilma" wrote:

I have the following formula =IF(C10="std","STD",ROUNDUP(I10,-1)). If the
first cell is text C10 = "STD", then I want to center that in "I10";
otherwise if C10 is a number the formula continues and gives me a number
calculation. Is there a way to center the text answer in the cell without
manually doing it? If the answer is a number, then I do not want it
centered. These are dollar calculations and the cell is already formatted
for dollars.

Wilma

Thank you Jason,
That works. I was so focused on creating my formulas I did not think about
doing custom formatting.
I appreciate the help and the quick response.
Wilma