Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Formatting text which is result of formula

Cannot be done.

Workaround is to paste specialvalue then manually edit the cell contents.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 11:19:34 -0400, starguy
wrote:

when we join two cells or more with & or =concatenate function, how can
this be done that result should be formatted in a way that each cells'
text is individually formatted.
e.g if in cell C1 I join cell A1 and B1 containing First name and Last
name respectively by using =A1&B1, cell C1 should show result in a way
that First name should be of black color and last name of another color
(or any other formatting i-e bold, color, font size etc).