Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Custom views in excel keep changing

Hi

I have set up three custom views in Excel. However, if I make any further
changes to them e.g. hiding a column temporarily then it seems to
automatically change the custom view even though I am not saving it.

Also, I am using data filters in custom views and it clearly isn't happy
with them - they seem to disappear sometimes.

I'm wasting hours - please help! Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Julia,

You can only assign a custom view to the configuration at the time, further
changes will not be saved unless a new name is applied. To permenantly change
the view you must delete the current one and then add it again with the new
selection of columns hidden.

Cheers

Cestbon

"Julia AL" wrote:

Hi

I have set up three custom views in Excel. However, if I make any further
changes to them e.g. hiding a column temporarily then it seems to
automatically change the custom view even though I am not saving it.

Also, I am using data filters in custom views and it clearly isn't happy
with them - they seem to disappear sometimes.

I'm wasting hours - please help! Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, it doesn't address my problem - the
point is that I DON'T want the custom views to change, but they seem to be
doing so on their own. I would like to be able to go back to them but they
never stay the same - I am not saving anything!

Any help greatly appreciated...