Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
trilepton

Default Why doesn't the Format Painter work for Excel chart titles?

Why doesn't the Format Painter work for Excel chart titles? When I highlight
a chart title or axis title, the Format Painter remains grayed out. Without
this utility, I don't know how to copy one chart title to another chart title
without losing all the text formatting, which is extensive in my case (math
symbols etc.) Thanks for any suggestions!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.charting
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
HEK

Hi:
You can highlight the Title and via the Format menu u can change colour, etc
Since you want to copy to other charts, it may be interesting to know you
can link yr title to a cell in your worksheet. I don't know whether it works
with your formula - is it a picture?
HTH,
GL,
Henk

"trilepton" wrote:

Why doesn't the Format Painter work for Excel chart titles? When I highlight
a chart title or axis title, the Format Painter remains grayed out. Without
this utility, I don't know how to copy one chart title to another chart title
without losing all the text formatting, which is extensive in my case (math
symbols etc.) Thanks for any suggestions!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.charting

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Copying character-by-character formatting is a tough job in Excel text
elements. The best bet might be to use a text box instead of the usual chart
title, and perform a regular copy and paste, not just of the formats. Even
if you tried using the format painter on a pair of textboxes, the formats
which are copied are the ones for the entire textbox. The character by
character formatting overrides are not captured by the format painter.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions