Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default Why doesn't the Format Painter work for Excel chart titles?

Copying character-by-character formatting is a tough job in Excel text
elements. The best bet might be to use a text box instead of the usual chart
title, and perform a regular copy and paste, not just of the formats. Even
if you tried using the format painter on a pair of textboxes, the formats
which are copied are the ones for the entire textbox. The character by
character formatting overrides are not captured by the format painter.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"trilepton" wrote in message
Why doesn't the Format Painter work for Excel chart titles? When I
highlight
a chart title or axis title, the Format Painter remains grayed out.
Without
this utility, I don't know how to copy one chart title to another chart
title
without losing all the text formatting, which is extensive in my case
(math
symbols etc.) Thanks for any suggestions!