Valeria

Default pivot chart format

Dear experts,
I am having problems trying to format the number for a pivot chart field,
when I drop it on the x-axis of the chart. I have a certain format in my
database, but when I create the pivot chart, this format is lost, and I can't
recreate it. I have tried forcing it from the pivot table on which the chart
is based, the formatting is accepted by the table but not shown on the chart.

It is very annoying to me, because I get these 10-digits unreadable numbers
on the x-axis of my chart, while all I need is a 2 digits %!

Can you please help?
Many thanks in advance,
best regards,
Valeria

Jon Peltier

Valeria -

A common problem is that formatting of Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts is volatile.
It's described in the charting FAQs he

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...?ID=209#jon026

and in the MS knowledge base he

XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting (215904)
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP