Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
dav363

Default xy scatter additional labels

Hi,

I'm putting together a plot which shows the number of days taken to
complete documents against the date of completion. This is then
grouped per month. The purpose is to report number of documents in any
month which toook more than 15 days to complete. I've got a nice
looking scatter plot with a red line across the 15 day gridline so it's
quite easy to look above this line and count the number of late doc's in
any given month(there's only a handful each month). What I would like
to do is add to the chart a label under each month showing the
percentage of the total docs which took more than 15 days to complete.
Obviously this is easy enough to extract from the data on the
spreadsheet but is there any way of adding it to the chart so that I
can then cut and paste this into a report without having to also take a
section of spreadsheet showing the percentages.

Any suggestions are very welcome:)

--
dav363
dav363's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=34696

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

How about adding an additional series and using it's data labels to
display the result of a formula which counts the number of doc's.
The data labels can be linked to the cells using a free addin.

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler (http://appspro.com)
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (http://j-walk.com)

Cheers
Andy

dav363 wrote:
[...]

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Del Cotter

On Tue, 23 May 2006, in microsoft.public.excel.charting,
dav363 said:

I'm putting together a plot which shows the number of days taken to
complete documents against the date of completion. This is then
grouped per month. The purpose is to report number of documents in any
month which toook more than 15 days to complete. I've got a nice
looking scatter plot with a red line across the 15 day gridline so it's
quite easy to look above this line and count the number of late doc's in
any given month(there's only a handful each month). What I would like
to do is add to the chart a label under each month showing the
percentage of the total docs which took more than 15 days to complete.
Obviously this is easy enough to extract from the data on the
spreadsheet but is there any way of adding it to the chart so that I
can then cut and paste this into a report without having to also take a
section of spreadsheet showing the percentages.

Normally the x axis categories come from a single row or column, but you
are allowed to define a two row (or two column) range for the x-axis, so
that one of them is the month, and the other is your percentage
statistic. They should display one below the other.

--
Del Cotter