Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Nedlog

Default Change grouping on x-axis

Hi,

Employee LastMonth CurrentMonth
-------------------------------
Mark 31 34
Brian 11 13
Jim 2 1
Derek 9 13
Susan 3 0

I have plotted the above data in a simple clustered column chart with
series in columns. So I have 5 series in total - one for each
employee. On the x-axis excel groups the data by 'Last Month' and
'Current Month'. How can I group the columns so that each employee's
figures are side by side while still keeping the 5 series?
I am aware that I could change the chart to have 2 series - one for
last month and one for current month but the problem with that is I
need to format the chart so that each employee has there own colour and
I don't want to format the colour of each data point individually.

I will try to show this graphically with characters. So, instead of:

xx x x
xx xx xx x
xxxxx xxxxx
LastMonth CurrentMonth

I want it to look like
x x x
x x x x x
x x x x x x
Mark Brian Jim ...... etc

Hope this is clear. Many thanks for any help.