Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Brian

Default Excel Stacked Column Graph (3 Divisions for 3 Years)

I am using Microsoft Office Excel 2003 SP2 Professional Edition and I am
attempting to create a Stacked Column graph with the following
specifications: I have volumes for 3 different divisions for the years 2003,
2004, and 2005. I would like to graph a stacked column graph for different
types of procedures (modalities). So the actual stacked column graph would
look somewhat like the following (where D1, D2, and D3 are the 3 Divisions):

| |----|
| |----|----| |----| |
# of Procedures| |----|D3 |D3 | |----|D3 |D3 |
| |D3 |----|----| |D3 |----|----|
| |----|D2 |D2 | |----|D2 |D2 |
| |D2 |----|----| |D2 |----|----|
| |----| | | |----| | |
| |D1 |D1 |D1 | |D1 |D1 |D1 |
2003 2004 2005 2003 2004 2005
X-Rays MRI's

Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Likely very do-able. What does the source data look like?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Brian

The source data (not real numbers) would be as follows:
Division 1 X-Ray
2003 = 150,000
2004 = 149,000
2005 = 152,000

Division 1 MRI
2003 = 25,000
2004 = 28,000
2005 = 29,000

Division 2 X-Ray
2003 = 52,000
2004 = 80,000
2005 = 79,000

Division 2 MRI
2003 = 8,000
2004 = 14,000
2005 = 15,000

Division 3 X-Ray
2003 = -0-
2004 = -0-
2005 = 30,000

Division 3 MRI
2003 = -0-
2004 = -0-
2005 = 2,500

Thanks for your assistance!

" wrote:

Likely very do-able. What does the source data look like?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
HEK

D1 D2 D3
MRI 2003 25000 8000 0
2004 28000 14000 0
2005 29000 15000 2500
<--- #N/A #N/A #N/A
XRay 2003 150000 52000 0
2004 149000 80000 0
2005 152000 79000 30000

I hope this matrix doesnt come out too mixed :-). Just select the squared
range w/ the data (from cell above MRI to 30000) and follow the chart
wizzard. The <--- is a dummy; if you make the cell empty instead it will
visually show as belonging to the MRI. You can replace it by a an empty
symbol. BTW, the data ranges are too different, and I wld make two different
charts to bring the message across... But I hope this helps anyway.

Take care,
Henk

" wrote:

Likely very do-able. What does the source data look like?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Check out the links on this page:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html