Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
warrenrob50

Default Excel should let you graph every n-th data point in a column

I just want to make the suggestion that you should be able to graph every
n-th data point in a set of data on a scatter plot. I have a set of data
with thousands of points, and I have a model prediction to match. The best
way to differentiate between a set of data and model prediction and
experimental data is to make the expermental data points on the graph and
make the model predictions a solid line. If you have many expermental data
points on a graph, the data looks like a solid line no matter what you do to
it.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.charting
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

It's on the Charting FAQ:

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...?ID=209#jon024

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

"warrenrob50" wrote in message
I just want to make the suggestion that you should be able to graph every
n-th data point in a set of data on a scatter plot. I have a set of data
with thousands of points, and I have a model prediction to match. The
best
way to differentiate between a set of data and model prediction and
experimental data is to make the expermental data points on the graph and
make the model predictions a solid line. If you have many expermental
data
points on a graph, the data looks like a solid line no matter what you do
it.

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.charting

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta

For a few different approaches see
Select Markers
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...ers/index.html

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom business solutions leveraging a multi-disciplinary approach

"warrenrob50" wrote:

I just want to make the suggestion that you should be able to graph every
n-th data point in a set of data on a scatter plot. I have a set of data
with thousands of points, and I have a model prediction to match. The best
way to differentiate between a set of data and model prediction and
experimental data is to make the expermental data points on the graph and
make the model predictions a solid line. If you have many expermental data
points on a graph, the data looks like a solid line no matter what you do to
it.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.charting

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Tushar uses smoke, while I prefer mirrors.

- Jon

"warrenrob50" wrote:

I just want to make the suggestion that you should be able to graph every
n-th data point in a set of data on a scatter plot. I have a set of data
with thousands of points, and I have a model prediction to match. The
best
way to differentiate between a set of data and model prediction and
experimental data is to make the expermental data points on the graph and
make the model predictions a solid line. If you have many expermental
data
points on a graph, the data looks like a solid line no matter what you do
it.

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
"I
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
then