Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Theresa

Default does anyone know how to expand the field on an axis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Please use the white space to give a fuller message. The term 'expand the
field' is unclear.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Theresa

I am trying to add more fields to my x axis than the 7 allowed. My chart is
short fields needed, it is almost as if I need a secondary axis but I am not
using a pivot chart. All the information appears on the chart blank because I
am not able to load the information from excell. I would like to know how to
create a fornula of sort to load all of the information that is needed. It is
not a continous field or I could flow with (:) but alot has to be skipped
thus (,) and(+) making my factor of the 7 dropping quickly.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Please use the white space to give a fuller message. The term 'expand the
field' is unclear.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Please show us a sample of the data. The term 'field' is still confusing.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Please use the white space to give a fuller message. The term 'expand the
field' is unclear.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

I'm confused as well.

If you go to the Chart menu and select Source Data, do you have a meaningful
range displayed in the Data Range tab's entry box? How about in the Series
tab, when you select a series, do the entry boxes show valid ranges? Can you
extend these ranges (i.e., select a larger range)?

It sounds like you might have added data by using CTRL to select dispersed
cells. You should really try to get all your X values into a column, and the
corresponding Y values in the next column to the right. It's not mandatory,
but it will make your life much easier.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Please use the white space to give a fuller message. The term 'expand the
field' is unclear.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Theresa

The problem that I have run into is that I have more information in my row
that needs to be put into my axis to than is allowed by excell for my chart
and I do not know how to expand my information. The information is showing on
the chart but is collecting in one lump row due to the limited space. You
asked that I send you a copy of the information that I was working with, I
have emailed this to you as I feel better in doing that, since this is a
large character. I appreciate any help that you can give me as I have total
racked my brain as well as others.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Please use the white space to give a fuller message. The term 'expand the
field' is unclear.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Theresa

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Please use the white space to give a fuller message. The term 'expand the
field' is unclear.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Theresa" wrote in message

It looks as if my last reply did not show, this is where I stand at this time. The formula that excel is allowing for axis X is as follows:

= ('C11:27, E37, C41, C49, C69, C73, C77, C76, C77, C91, C96, C112:C138)
I still need the rows C143, C155:161, C166, C171:179 to be added to the
chart for the information to be seperated on my graph correctly. The
information is appearing n the graph but not flowing as it should. It is
currently all dumpin on the Y axis on one line since the information has no
where to flow on the X axis.
How can I add the additional information? I am doing this thru the series
application and I do have an X, Y and Z axis. With X being my larger one.
Sorry if I confused everyone. It has been a while since using the programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

It looks as if my last reply did not show, this is where I stand at this
time. The formula that excel is allowing for axis X is as follows:
= ('C11:27, E37, C41, C49, C69, C73, C77, C76, C77, C91, C96, C112:C138)
I still need the rows C143, C155:161, C166, C171:179 to be added to the
chart for the information to be seperated on my graph correctly. The
information is appearing n the graph but not flowing as it should. It is
currently all dumpin on the Y axis on one line since the information has
no
where to flow on the X axis.
How can I add the additional information? I am doing this thru the series
application and I do have an X, Y and Z axis. With X being my larger one.
Sorry if I confused everyone. It has been a while since using the
programs.

Rather than having a ton of discontiguous cells as your data source range,
you should try to eliminate all of the not-plotting cells in between. If you
cannot do this on your original data sheet, make a data sheet for the chart,
which links to the data you need, without all of the blanks. This will
greatly simplify your future work with this and similar charts.

- Jon
-------