Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Brainless_in_Boston

Default really bad search

MS Help-search algorithm sucks

#1 I don't want to "Select a Discussion Group" (accordingly, since I MUST,
I will post to a bunch of discussion groups and hope against all hope that
some nice microserf will actually show this to somebody who might actually do
something about their awful product, someday, when the sun is shining and
they have nothing better to do, except that it will get raised as an issue
from only one consumer/end product user, and get killed in a meeting, because
it would involve caring about customers, and actually responding to their
concerns - god forbid they have an effective Help-seatch-algorithm)
#2 I don't want to post a suggestion
#3 I want to contact MS directly and tell them their product is awful
(Excel search specifically), NOT post to a "Discussion Group"
#4 I would like a reply from a person telling me my concerns are valid (and
have them admit their product sucks, and the seach function is as weak as a
sick kitten)

Okay, that said, here is my "suggestion for a Discussion Group": the
algorithm for searching for "Help" in Excel is awful and wretched and
annoying and frequently useless. I can't believe how difficult microsoft
makes it to do the simplest tasks. I find it frustrating to be defeated by
software that claims to be useful.

Suggestion: TOTALLY REVAMP YOUR SEARCH ALGORITHM - OR CLONE THE ONE GOOGLE
USES. IT WORKS.

BTW, this is called "a complaint", not a rant...

Mark
Boston, MA

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...excel.charting
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Don't fight, switch. Use Google's search algorithm. Using the advanced
search, and enter microsoft.com in the domain to search. Or use the advanced
groups search, and enter a group name like *excel*.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

"Brainless_in_Boston" wrote in
message ...