Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Denise

Default How do I set up inches per Minute/Second in Excel

I need to know how to take a known inch per Minute and divide by a known
measurement and displayed as minutes and seconds. The answer of the equation
(minutes and seconds) is where I'm having trouble.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Actually, you need to divide your measured length by the known rate (inches
per minute). This gives you the number of minutes, but to display using m:ss
format you need to divide by 1440, the number of minutes per day (since
Excel counts time as the fraction of a day).

So put your measurement in A2, your rate in B2, and this formula into C2:

=A2/B2/1440

Then format C2 using a custom number format of

m:ss

If you want fractional seconds, use m:ss.0, m:ss.00, or m:ss.000 (the most
you'll get is thousandths).

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______