Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Joe

Default stacked column chart across multiple columns

Hi,

This is totally random, but I would like to know if the folowing would
be possible:

I have scrap and rework data from three assembly lines - A, B and C.
Until now, I've been creating stacked column charts seperately one for
each line. I would like to create one chart that includes information
from all three lines - so for each X axis point, there would be three
columns side by side, each of these representing an assembly line. But
each of these columns need to be a stacked column containing scrap and
rework info.

This was only a suggestion by my supervisor, but all the same, I'd like
to do it if possible. Do you think you can give me some directions?

Thanks in advance,

Joe.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi Joe,

Have a look at Jon Peltier's page
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Joe

Hi Andy,

Thanks a lot for the info. Now I have an additional problem: Following
your instructions, on that North-S-E-W chart, I "hide" the information
I dont want in there, right? Like the secondary X axis, the entry
"series 1" in the legend, etc .. However, when I add the data table, it
includes "Series 1". Is there a way to "hide" this from the data table?

Thanks,

Joe.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Data tables display all series in the chart you can not remove selected
items. So you can either use 2 charts, one formated as cluster/stack the
other unformatted but showing a data table. The position one chart over
the other with an overlap so the data table appears. Or use formatted
cells below the chartobject to represent the data table.

Cheers
Andy