Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
JessicaMc

Default Date formatting in Pivot Chart

Hi,

I'm trying to create a pivot chart and the date field is not formatting
properly - the format comes out different from that of the pivot table. How
can I fix this? Format axis doesn't give me an option for date format.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Debra Dalgleish

In the pivot table, right-click the date field button, and choose Field
Settings.
Click the Number button, and select a date format
Click OK twice
The chart should show the selected format.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Debra Dalgleish

If some of the cells in that field contain text, or are blank, the
Number button won't appear. The information here may help:

http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Problems