-   -   Date formatting in Pivot Chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/70469-date-formatting-pivot-chart.html)

JessicaMc

Date formatting in Pivot Chart

Hi,

I'm trying to create a pivot chart and the date field is not formatting
properly - the format comes out different from that of the pivot table. How
can I fix this? Format axis doesn't give me an option for date format.

Debra Dalgleish

Date formatting in Pivot Chart

In the pivot table, right-click the date field button, and choose Field
Settings.
Click the Number button, and select a date format
Click OK twice
The chart should show the selected format.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

JessicaMc

Date formatting in Pivot Chart

I don't get a number button when I choose field settings.

JessicaMc wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to create a pivot chart and the date field is not formatting
properly - the format comes out different from that of the pivot table. How
can I fix this? Format axis doesn't give me an option for date format.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Debra Dalgleish

Date formatting in Pivot Chart

If some of the cells in that field contain text, or are blank, the
Number button won't appear. The information here may help:

http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Problems