Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Debra Dalgleish

Default Date formatting in Pivot Chart

If some of the cells in that field contain text, or are blank, the
Number button won't appear. The information here may help:

http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Problems

JessicaMc wrote:
I don't get a number button when I choose field settings.

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

In the pivot table, right-click the date field button, and choose Field
Settings.
Click the Number button, and select a date format
Click OK twice
The chart should show the selected format.

JessicaMc wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to create a pivot chart and the date field is not formatting
properly - the format comes out different from that of the pivot table. How
can I fix this? Format axis doesn't give me an option for date format.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List