Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Barb Reinhardt

Default Dynamic Charting Question

I'm attempting to set up a dynamic chart. So far, I've defined a name for
cells B33:M33 (using the following offset equation).
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$33,0,0,1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$33:$33)-1)

I'd like to be able to add more columns after M and the chart will
automatically pick it up.

We have a graph that currently includes B33:M33 as the X axis values for a
line chart. How do I change the information in the chart to include the
determined dynamic range for X?

Thanks in advance,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Barb Reinhardt

I've figured out what I need to edit to get the series to change, but is
there an easier way that editing each series?

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

I'm attempting to set up a dynamic chart. So far, I've defined a name for
cells B33:M33 (using the following offset equation).
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$33,0,0,1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$33:$33)-1)

I'd like to be able to add more columns after M and the chart will
automatically pick it up.

We have a graph that currently includes B33:M33 as the X axis values for a
line chart. How do I change the information in the chart to include the
determined dynamic range for X?

Thanks in advance,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta

I am not sure I understand the problem. If you have a name, say XVals,
defined to be the OFFSET(...) formula and your series formula reads
=SERIES(,{bookname}!XVals,{bookname}!YVals,...) then the series should
automatically expand as you add data in M, N,...

So, what am I missing?

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
I'm attempting to set up a dynamic chart. So far, I've defined a name for
cells B33:M33 (using the following offset equation).
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$33,0,0,1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$33:$33)-1)

I'd like to be able to add more columns after M and the chart will
automatically pick it up.

We have a graph that currently includes B33:M33 as the X axis values for a
line chart. How do I change the information in the chart to include the
determined dynamic range for X?

Thanks in advance,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Barb Reinhardt

The series reads:

=SERIES(Sheet1!$A$42,Sheet1l!$B$33:$M$33,Sheet1!$B $42:$M$42,1)

I have XVals defined using the offset( ... ) formula currently as $B$33:M$33
and YVals as $B$42:$M$42 using offset ()

Do I have to manually go into every series and change the values so that
they use XVals and YVals?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt
"Tushar Mehta" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta

On a one-time basis, yes. Otherwise, XL has no way of making the
connections between the names and the series data.