Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
The Head Gardener

Default Scattergraph

I have tried to enter some simple data, consisiting of height and weight
variables onto a scattergraph and have formatted the cells as "numbers":

Height Weight
1.56 53.00
1.52 40.00
1.42 41.00
1.61 45.00
1.62 47.00

The problem is that on the finished chart, the weight scale starts at 0 and
goes to 60 and it does this regardless of which axis I put the data on.

The Chart Wizard does not allow me to choose anything other that Automatic
for the Value (X) axis as this section is unhighlighted. All I can do is
unselect the Value (X) axis.

I have tried clicking on the X axis of the finished chart and altered the
minimum value to 30 under the Scale tab, but when I click OK there is no
change. On checking I find that the minimum value under the Scale tab is
still set at 0.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Martin Coates
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

I had no trouble getting a range of 30 to 55 on the y-axis
Write to my private email and I will send you a file
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"The Head Gardener" wrote in
message ...
Yes, on Chart Wizard I clicked on XY (Scatter) and then Chart sub-type
"Scatter, Compares pairs of values.", this is the one with no lines
joining
the points.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Have you really made an XY chart or did you mistakenly make a Line chart?
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"The Head Gardener" <The Head wrote