Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default Scattergraph

When you change the minimum to 30, resist the urge to check the box to the
left of the altered value. Checking this box tells Excel to set the value
automatically.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"The Head Gardener" <The Head wrote in
message ...
I have tried to enter some simple data, consisiting of height and weight
variables onto a scattergraph and have formatted the cells as "numbers":

Height Weight
1.56 53.00
1.52 40.00
1.42 41.00
1.61 45.00
1.62 47.00

The problem is that on the finished chart, the weight scale starts at 0
and
goes to 60 and it does this regardless of which axis I put the data on.

The Chart Wizard does not allow me to choose anything other that Automatic
for the Value (X) axis as this section is unhighlighted. All I can do is
unselect the Value (X) axis.

I have tried clicking on the X axis of the finished chart and altered the
minimum value to 30 under the Scale tab, but when I click OK there is no
change. On checking I find that the minimum value under the Scale tab is
still set at 0.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Martin Coates