Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
The Head Gardener

Default Scattergraph

Yes, on Chart Wizard I clicked on XY (Scatter) and then Chart sub-type
"Scatter, Compares pairs of values.", this is the one with no lines joining
the points.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Have you really made an XY chart or did you mistakenly make a Line chart?
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"The Head Gardener" <The Head wrote in
message ...
I have tried to enter some simple data, consisiting of height and weight
variables onto a scattergraph and have formatted the cells as "numbers":

Height Weight
1.56 53.00
1.52 40.00
1.42 41.00
1.61 45.00
1.62 47.00

The problem is that on the finished chart, the weight scale starts at 0
and
goes to 60 and it does this regardless of which axis I put the data on.

The Chart Wizard does not allow me to choose anything other that Automatic
for the Value (X) axis as this section is unhighlighted. All I can do is
unselect the Value (X) axis.

I have tried clicking on the X axis of the finished chart and altered the
minimum value to 30 under the Scale tab, but when I click OK there is no
change. On checking I find that the minimum value under the Scale tab is
still set at 0.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Martin Coates