sheryl

Default Getting a line chart to NOT plot a zero value

I have a chart that is updated each month with new production figures and a
line chart set up to automatically pull the data from the chart and plot it;
however, on the months that haven't occurred yet, the line chart is plotting
those months as "zero". I've tried setting the "plot empty cells as: not
plotted" in tools/options/chart, but that doesn't work. Apparently, because
there is a formula in the cell for the future months, it is plotting the
zero... What am I missing?! Thanks a ton!!
Jerry W. Lewis

Formulas must return something. "" (which they presumably now return
for future months) is not equivalent to an empty cell. All text plots
as zero. Either delete the formulas until they are needed (they could
be restored automatically by a worksheet change event) or use #N/A
instead of "" for future months.

Jerry

sheryl wrote:

I have a chart that is updated each month with new production figures and a
line chart set up to automatically pull the data from the chart and plot it;
however, on the months that haven't occurred yet, the line chart is plotting
those months as "zero". I've tried setting the "plot empty cells as: not
plotted" in tools/options/chart, but that doesn't work. Apparently, because
there is a formula in the cell for the future months, it is plotting the
zero... What am I missing?! Thanks a ton!!

sheryl

Thanks, Jerry!
I ended up just moving the future formulas out of the chart data range and
I'll move them back in each month.