Dhiraj

Default Setting Range in Pivot Table

I am moving data from Access to Excel Sheets. Once the data is in Excel, I
need to create Pivot table for the same and on the basis of Pivot table,
charts need to be generated.

I did created Pivot table and its related charts, but I am having problem in
grouping.

Exp: When I first creted the Pivot table, I had data like

Aging - 0,1,2,4,6,7,8,9,10

On the basis of aging, I created a group of 0-4 and 6-10.
Note: 3 is not present in aging.

Now, when I agian import the data from Access, the aging values are
different like:

Aging: 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,10

Problem: 3 which was not present earlier, gets displayed in 'Other' grouping.

Is there any provision to create or define this grouping dynamically.
Debra Dalgleish

If you manually grouped the ages, and named the groups, you'll have to
manually include new numbers in the group.

Instead, you could right-click on the Age field button, and choose Group
and Show Detail Group
Enter your starting and end numbers, and enter 5 in the by box
Click OK
New numbers will be automatically included in the appropriate group.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List