Michael

Default Increasing Chart Size

Hi All
My boss has compiled a list of 250 lines of data. He has put this into a
chart on A4.
He now wants the data to fit to A3 and 6 sheets wide. I know how to do it
with a normal sheet, but can someone help me with doing a chart.
All help is much appreciated.

Regards
Michael
--
Michael Mitchelson

Michael

Hi Barb
Thanks for the response........No, that's not what I mean. What I need is
the same chart increased in size from A4 paper size *1 Page, up to A3 paper
size * 6 pages

Regards
Michael
--
Michael Mitchelson

"Michael" wrote:

Hi All
My boss has compiled a list of 250 lines of data. He has put this into a
chart on A4.
He now wants the data to fit to A3 and 6 sheets wide. I know how to do it
with a normal sheet, but can someone help me with doing a chart.
All help is much appreciated.

Regards
Michael
--
Michael Mitchelson

Barb R.

Having not done this, I can't say for sure, but when you do a page set up for
the page, you can select the paper size. Is A3 and option for paper size on
the PAGE menu? If it isn't, I'm guessing you'll have to ensure that your
default printer can print the approprate paper size and try again.

Good luck and let me know if it works.

"Michael" wrote:

Hi All
My boss has compiled a list of 250 lines of data. He has put this into a
chart on A4.
He now wants the data to fit to A3 and 6 sheets wide. I know how to do it
with a normal sheet, but can someone help me with doing a chart.
All help is much appreciated.

Regards
Michael
--
Michael Mitchelson

Michael

Thanks Barb
Yes, I have set my page to A3.......but it still defaults to one page wide,
naturally, 'cause it fits on one page. But I still can't stretch it to 6
pages wide.
I will persist.
Thanks
Michael
--
Michael Mitchelson

"Michael" wrote:

Hi All
My boss has compiled a list of 250 lines of data. He has put this into a
chart on A4.
He now wants the data to fit to A3 and 6 sheets wide. I know how to do it
with a normal sheet, but can someone help me with doing a chart.
All help is much appreciated.

Regards
Michael
--
Michael Mitchelson

Jon Peltier

Michael -

You can't spread a chart sheet over multiple printed pages, but a
worksheet will take as many pages to print as it needs.

Insert a blank workbook, switch to Page Break Preview (View menu).
Select a large area, and on the File menu, Print Area submenu, select
Set Print Area. Drag the blue borders around until this area is six
pages in size.

Switch to your chart. Choose Location from the Chart menu, and choose As
Object In, and select the new page from the drop down list. Align the
chart so its top left corner is in the top left of cell A1, and stretch
it to fill up the print area. Hold the Alt key while moving and resizing
the chart so its edges stick to the cell boundaries.

Now deselect the chart (select a cell) and print the worksheet. The
print area will print onto six pages, and the chart will be split
accordingly.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Michael wrote:
Hi All
My boss has compiled a list of 250 lines of data. He has put this into a
chart on A4.
He now wants the data to fit to A3 and 6 sheets wide. I know how to do it
with a normal sheet, but can someone help me with doing a chart.
All help is much appreciated.

Regards
Michael

Michael

Hi Jon
Thanks for the response.
I have done exactly as instructed and the chart appears on 6 pages on the
screen.
However, when I print it gives me the first section of my chart on page 1
and the other 5 are blank except for the vertical end line on page 6.
Any ideas why this might be happening.
Regards
Michael
--
Michael Mitchelson

Michael wrote:
Hi All
My boss has compiled a list of 250 lines of data. He has put this into a
chart on A4.
He now wants the data to fit to A3 and 6 sheets wide. I know how to do it
with a normal sheet, but can someone help me with doing a chart.
All help is much appreciated.

Regards
Michael

Jon Peltier

Hmmm. If you made the chart 6 pages wide and more than one page tall
(extending above and below the print area), you might actually be
printing the chart, but places where no data and no axes are apparent.

I just made a sample, and using print preview (I didn't actually print),
I got six different slices of the chart on six pages. What do you see in
print preview?

- Jon
-------

Michael wrote:
Hi Jon
Thanks for the response.
I have done exactly as instructed and the chart appears on 6 pages on the
screen.
However, when I print it gives me the first section of my chart on page 1
and the other 5 are blank except for the vertical end line on page 6.
Any ideas why this might be happening.
Regards
Michael

Michael

Hi Jon
Print Preview is exactly as described in my previous post for print.
I only see the first sheet....and then a vertical line at the right of the
last sheet.
I can see that we are very close to a satisfactory result....and that makes
it more frustrating.
Regards
Michael
--