Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Charts When There Are No Data Values Sometimes ?

Hello,

Using Excel 2007.

Have a row of dates in one Column, and data in the next.

Although the column of dates is contiguous, one after the other, only
some of the dates actually have a data value next to it.

I am trying to plot the data with dates on tghe Horiz axis
and the data values on the Y axis.

How do I tell Excel to disregard those dates where there is no data,
and simply connect the data values that I do have with a straight line
between them when I plot it up ?

For some reason, it does what I want for most of the graph, but for one
section it seems to not know how to handle this.

I seem to remember that there is some box to click on, somewhere, that
tells it to do this, but i just can't seem to locate it.

Thanks,
Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Xt Xt is offline

On Oct 5, 1:39*am, Bob wrote:
Hello,

Using Excel 2007.

Have a row of dates in one Column, and data in the next.

Although the column of dates is contiguous, one after the other, only
some of the dates actually have a data value next to it.

I am trying to plot the data with dates on tghe Horiz axis
and the data values on the Y axis.

How do I tell Excel to disregard those dates where there is no data,
and simply connect the data values that I do have with a straight line
between them when I plot it up ?

For some reason, it does what I want for most of the graph, but for one
section it seems to not know how to handle this.

I seem to remember that there is some box to click on, somewhere, that
tells it to do this, but i just can't seem to locate it.

Thanks,
Bob

Try this - click on the chart to select it - Design tab - Select Data
- choose the series - Hidden and Empty Cells - Connect data points
with line - OK - OK. It works for me. xt