Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pie charts - 0 values

Hi,

I have selected data labels for my pie charts containing value and
percentage. However, there are 0 values in the chart and I do not want to
show them. I have tried 0%;;;; but it only hide those values in percentage
while the value data labels are still visible. And when i use 0;;;; it hides
the value data labels but the percentage labels are shown. Is there any way
to hide both set of data labels if it is 0?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I am not a great fan of pie charts so I have minimal experience with them,
but as an experiment I made a chart with this data
A 3
B #N/A (formula =NA())
C 6
D 5
The B point did not appear on the chart
So the advice seem to be the same for pie charts as fro all other: replace
the zero (or empty cell) by =NA()
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"ck13" wrote in message

I have selected data labels for my pie charts containing value and
percentage. However, there are 0 values in the chart and I do not want to
show them. I have tried 0%;;;; but it only hide those values in percentage
while the value data labels are still visible. And when i use 0;;;; it
hides
the value data labels but the percentage labels are shown. Is there any
way
to hide both set of data labels if it is 0?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Change your custom formatting to allow text to be shown
0;;;@

--
Best Regards,

Luke M