Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Data disappears when I edit the chart.

nI have a x-y chart created from a spreadsheet made last year. There are 5
data series plotted in different color symbols. Now when I try to edit it
(change the source data columns), one of the symbol sets for one series just
flat disappears--though it is still shown in the legend. There is no
difference in the number ranges between the sets so it's not an axis-scale
problem. I have copied all the data into a new xls file and re-created the
graph. All the data points show up except for that one series--even though
its label shows up in the legend, no points. I have made sure that all the
source numbers are formatted as numbers. I have been a major Excel user for
15 years and have never encountered this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Make sure the new data range for that misbehaving series contains
numbers, not text. Remove formatting from the cells: if it's left
aligned it's text, right aligned numeric.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.